Resources for Adoption Expenses
Catholic Charities of East Tennessee encourages applicants requiring assistance with Adoption Services Fees to consider application for Domestic Adoption grant assistance. Additionally, the Adoption Tax Credit for Adoptive Parents is available post adoption for all families. While Catholic Charities cannot recommend which of these opportunities may be best for your family we are available to answer questions you may have.
This is not a complete listing. Please consult with friends, family, and your attorney for additional resources.
Fundraising Information & Opportunities:
- Your Adoption Finance Coach is a resource available to families to provide education and resources to help navigate adoption financing options.
- Fund Your Adoption.TV
- Both Hands Service Projects
Private Fundraising Platforms:
- Gift of Adoption
- National Adoption Foundation
- The Empty Cup
- Help us Adopt
- Family Formation Charitable Trust
- Lifesong Adoption Grants and Loans
- A Child Waits Foundation
- Show Hope
- Associates Home Loan Adoption Grant
- Military Subsidies: The military may reimburse active-duty personnel for most one-time adoption costs up to $2,000 per child.
- Adoption Benefits in the Workplace: We encourage you to reach out to your employer to inquire about adoption benefits provided within your company.
- Banks: Often local banks offer adoption loans.
- Life Insurance Policy: Cash value life insurance policies may allow you to borrow against the policy. Consult with your insurance agent as to whether this is an option for you.
Adoption Tax Credit:
The federal government may offer a valuable tax credit for many adoptions including private agency domestic adoptions. For more information, click here.